出走,及回歸

當志工,憑的是一股熱忱;旅行,則讓家有了不同的意義。

在這兒,我們找到自己對志工旅行的想望,然後實踐。

2010/7/22

Sookie's profile

Who am I?
I'm Sookie. 19 years old. A student of NCCU in Taiwan, a intern of VYA Taiwan during this summer. And also a adventurer of life!

Why do I write in English?
Allow more people who are not good at Chinese to get to know what's happening around me. And to learn more about VYA, a lively NGO(Non Governmental Organization) which aims at empowering youngsters not only do the voluntary work but create an active life of their own!



What did I do in VYA?
1. Answer the phone when others are busy and try my best to answer the questions.
(Although most of the time I can't even understand what their questions are. XD)
2. Search for useful information on the Internet. For example, how to get a visa for Africa, where to visit when volunteers finish their voluntary work, when and where to have the health check before going abroad.
3. EVERYTHING that others in the office ask me to do.

What do I love?
I haven't mention that I transfer my major this year. Last year, I was in the Department of Arabic Language and Literature. But I'm a Sociology major now!! Even though I only study Sociology for half a year, the activities I have participated, the books I have read, all the seniors and professors I have talked to inspire me to learn more. And I'm especially interested in social issues ,such as gender, human rights of the minority groups(e.g. guest workers, sex workers and farmers). I would really like to learn more about the different aspects of various social issues. I hope one day I'll not only be able to think critically and independently, but to take action as well.

沒有留言:

張貼留言